Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Across the Courtyard




As the storm rolled in last night, I opened my arcadia door and my windows, and enjoyed the cool air and the sound of the rain. However as the storm died down, and the rain stopped, I began to hear other sounds.
I recently moved to an early 1950’s courtyard apartment. The apartments face each other across the pool, and it makes friendly neighbors.

Anyway I began to hear the sounds of my neighbors with their windows and doors open. A child in the upstairs apartment behind me, practicing the piano…
The people across the pool talking about the rain….
The faint traffic on the wet streets in the distance.

As I listened, I realized that I had heard something like this before, then it hit me! It sounded just like the sounds of the Apartment complex in Alfred Hitchcock’s “Rear Window”

Life is strange.

4 comments:

  1. What a cool experience. That is one of my favorite films.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of mine too. After that I had to sit down and watch it again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete